Knowing when is the right time to say goodbye is hard. There a few things that can indicate that your pet may be in pain, suffering, or their quality of life has reduced.
Below is a quality of life checker that will help you to assess whether your pet is struggling and whether the time to say goodbye is near.
- Are they in pain? Do they have trouble breathing?
- Are they hungry? Are they able to eat?
- Are they incontinent? Can they clean themselves?
- Do they have pressure sores?
- Are they happy? Do they express happiness? Do they play with toys?
- Can they get up and move around? Can they go for walks?
- More good days than bad?
When the bad days outnumber the good days, if they are in pain or suffering, a decision to say goodbye needs to be made.